FCID records statement from Shiranthi
The Financial Crime Investigation Division (FCID) today recorded a statement from former first lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa at a venue outside the FCID Office in Kollupitiya, Police Spokesman Ruwan Gunasekara said.
He said that he was not informed of the venue Mrs. Rajapaksa was questioned and said the statement had been recorded at a separate venue because of a protest held outside the FCID this morning.
A demonstration was also held in Hambantota on Sunday (31) in protest over the decision to summon the former first lady to the FCID.
In a post on social media Namal Rajapaksa MP earlier claimed that,
“My Mother just received a notice to appear before the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID). My Mother has always stayed away from politics. Does she deserve this harassment?! “Yahapalanaya” seems just a facade for this government. Vengeance isn’t “good governance.” Targeting my Mother proves it. President Rajapaksa and I, as politicians, are always ready to face political vengeance. But I wish they would leave my Mother & brothers alone.”
The statement had been recorded with regard to the Siriliya Foundation headed by Mrs. Rajapaksa.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
THE PERSON WHO WAS ROBBERY OUR NATION ASSET,SHOULD BE PUNISHED