Fifty gang members in Jaffna arrested
Posted in Local News
Fifty persons have been arrested in connection with recent gang fights in Jaffna, stated the Jaffna Police.
The arrests have been made by the special search operations carried out in Jaffna, Manipay, Kopay, Chunnakam areas since August 1st, said the Jaffna Police.
The arrested are linked to violent activities in Jaffna such as gang conflicts, threatening of civilians, and robberies.
The number of violent activities in Jaffna had risen recently due to gangs such as Ava, Danu-rock and Victor.
Therefore, special operations were conducted by the police by cancelling off all leave of police officers in Jaffna, Manipay, Kopay, Chunnakam areas.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023