Private Bus Workers Association strike today
The All Ceylon Private Bus Workers Association were expected to launch a strike as of midnight yesterday to express their opposition against the new fines imposed for violating road rules.
Convenor of the Association, Kumara Rathna Renuka said that owners of bowsers, containers and three wheelers of Colombo will support their strike. However, other private bus owners associations will not take part in this strike.
“We have requested for a meeting with the President to discuss this matter.
If we got an opportunity to discuss with the President, we will not go on strike,” he added. Meanwhile, Examinations Department sources requested the Advanced Level Examination candidates to call over at examination centres in time today so as not to be victimised by the private bus strike.
Meanwhile, Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association (LPBOA) President Gemunu Wijeratne said his association will not engage in the strike. He requested the LPBOA not to go-ahead with the strike action because of the ongoing G.C.E. A/L examination.
(Source: Daily News – By Irangika Range and Dharma Sri Abeyratne)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Anyone read this story?
” All Ceylon Private Bus Workers Association were expected to launch a strike as of midnight yesterday to express their opposition against the new fines imposed for violating road rule”
So, this Association wants to discuss with the Lilly White how they can break the law?
This is insane! Where are we going?
So, this Association wants permission to break road rules! If I were Government, I will take this Association of Criminals to the Highest Court and send them to the Gallows!