Final decision on alliance symbol tomorrow
The United National Party says a final decision will be reached on the symbol of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya tomorrow.
UNP General Secretary Parliamentarian Akila Viraj Kariyawasam said the party Working Committee which is scheduled to meet tomorrow will accordingly reach a final decision on the matter.
The MP expressed belief that the symbols of either the Swan or the Elephant would be selected for the alliance to contest under.
Meanwhile former General Secretary of the UNP, Tissa Attanayake expressed hope that all lingering issues faced by the UNP will be resolved at tomorrow’s party working committee meeting.
Speaking to media in Kandy Attanayake said a majority of UNP MPs agree that if legal concerns prevent the symbol of the Elephant from being utilised, then the alliance must contest under the swan symbol instead.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023