Final decision on SAITM to be delivered today
The government will give its final verdict on the Medical Faculty of the South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine today (25).
However Registrar of SAITM W.H.R.Hussain stated that the management of SAITM had not been informed of any formal ruling or decision taken by the government on the continuation of the Medical faculty.
She also stated that the state was yet to respond to rumours that the management of SAITM will be partially handed over to SLIIT in the near future.
Prof. Neville Perera stated that the Presidential Committee on SAITM headed by Dr. Harsha De Silva submitted proposals that included plans to devolve the administration on SAITM to institutes like SLIIT to ease the administration of the campus.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
SAITM should be continued and give the MBBS t their students. If GOMA demands winding it up, private practive should be baned.
SAITM ekata Jayawewa !!!!!
Whatever the decision is, the GMOA will strike tomorrow.
Only way GMOA members can have more time to spend at private clinics and hospitals while the taxpayer is roasted to extinction !