Final vote on Budget 2019 today: SLFP factions undecided
No final decision was taken on the ‘Budget 2019’ vote during the UPFA group meeting presided by President Maithripala Sirisena and Opposition Leader Mahinda Rajapaksa at the Parliamentary complex yesterday.
UPFA MP Dayasiri Jayasekara told the media after the meeting that the SLFP group headed by President Sirisena would meet separately today to take a decision. He said they would meet the SLPP after their decision.
UPFA MP Mahindananda Aluthgamage said that the SLPP should vote against the Budget and the President during the Opposition Group meeting had stressed the need to build a broad coalition soon after the May Day rally in preparation for the next presidential election. He said Opposition Leader Rajapaksa was also of the same opinion.
(Source: The Island – By Saman Indrajith)
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
The cut-throat Pamb*** King is having problems.
Even his own Party memebres don’t care about him.
The King is living in Paget Road dreaming of being a candidate in the next Presidential elections.
He is indeed, a man of low intellectual capacity.