FinMin requests general public to send proposals for 2019 Budget
The Ministry of Finance and Mass Media today called upon all stakeholders including the general public to make their proposals for the Budget – 2019 before the 11th of February, as their contribution to ensure introduction of a successful budget.
The Minister of Finance and Mass Media Mangala Samaraweera will present the Budget – 2019 in the Parliament on March 05, aiming at building an enriched country with a strong economy.The Finance Ministry said it expects to mould the public policies in accordance with the aspirations of the community under the theme of democracy, reconciliations and development, which it said are the main three pillars of this Government.
“This will be a performance based budget and necessary allocation for projects will be made available on the basis of the action plan prepared and submitted by the respective ministries,” the statement said.Accordingly, professionals, scholars, the general public and those who are engaged in the sectors of manufacturing, services and the agriculture are requested to send in their proposals for the budget – 2019 before February 11 to reach the following address:
Dept. of Trade & Investment Policy,
Ministry of Finance and Mass Media,
Or it could also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023