First accident on Colombo-Katunayake Expressway
The first traffic accident on the newly opened Colombo-Katunayake Expressway (CKE) occurred today when a car traveling from Negombo to Colombo lost control and collided with the railing in both sides of the road.
Police said the driver and a female passenger who were onboard the vehicle at the time of the accident managed to escape without injuries.
The car had slammed into the left side railing on the road, near the 19.6km post, before being propelled forward and hitting the right side railing as well.
Both the car and the railing were damaged in the accident.
Seeduwa Police are conducting further investigations.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023