First Randoli perahera tonight
The first Randoli perahera of the Sri Dalada Maligawa Esala festival in Kandy will take place tonight (August 6).
The perahera will commence at 7.10 p.m. and will move towards Dalada Veediya, D.S. Senanayake Veediya, Temple Road, Devala Road, Colombo Street, E.L. Senanayake Veediya and then again to D.S. Senanayake Veediya.
The Esala festival will end at the Kataragama temple following the water-cutting ceremony at the final day on 11 August.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023