First Sri Lankan Doctor dies from COVID-19
The death of first Sri Lankan doctor due to Covid-19 infection was reported from the Karapitiya Hospital today (02).
The deceased has been identified as Gayan Danthanarayana, 32, a resident of Hinkanda, Ragama.
According to sources, he had been under medical care for novel coronavirus infection at the Teaching Hospital in Karapitiya.
He is the first doctor / medical officer in Sri Lanka to pass away of COVID-19.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023