Five aircraft are on ground owing to a global shortage of engines – SriLankan Airlines
SriLankan Airlines yesterday (April 21) said that the five aircraft are on ground owing to a global shortage and not because of a lack of finances as incorrectly stated in some news reports.
Explaining the circumstances of the five grounded aircraft reported in certain reports, the SriLankan stated “the aircraft, belonging to the Airbus A320 NEO family, are currently awaiting engines after shop visits as the global industry faces a shortage of engines and long lead times for engine repairs for this type of aircraft as a result of a technical reliability issue.“
SriLankan Airlines is currently working with its suppliers to work out a solution and the global supply of engines is also expected to improve in the months ahead, it added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024