Five arrested in Dubai over Easter attacks brought to Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Five suspects including Mohamed Milhan, an ardent member of the terrorist group that carried out the carnage of Easter Sunday, have been arrested in Dubai and brought back to Sri Lanka by the CID this morning, Police Media Spokesperson Ruwan Gunasekara said.
They said the special CID team had left for Saudi Arabia on June 11 to bring back the suspects who were in Saudi Police custody. The suspects were detained under the CID custody for further questioning.
Initial police investigations revealed that Milhan was responsible for the killing of two Police constables at a checkpoint in Vavunathivu in Batticaloa on November 30, 2018
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023