Five persons hospitalised after bus collides with people in fuel queue in Batticaloa
At least five persons have been injured and hospitalised after a bus collided with a group of people who were waiting in a fuel queue near a fuel station at Uraniya in Batticaloa this morning (June 27).
Police said the bus was transporting a group of apparel workers when the accident occured.
The injured were admitted to the Batticaloa Hospital, however, none of them are in critical condition, according to hospital sources.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023