Fonseka takes oath as Regional Development Minister
Posted in Local News
Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka took oaths as the Regional Development Minister a short while ago at the Presidential Secretariat before President Maithripala Sirisena, President’s Media division has announced.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
Congratulations FM Fonseka.
1. Could you please clarify the general population, what this portfolio entails? There are many other Ministers holding “development” portfolios, to avoid confusion, I wish we had a clear demarcation of responsibilities?
2. Dear Hero, I hope you refrain from embarking on monument creating spree. SL Leaders are excellent in creating monuments such as buildings, roads, harbours, airports, cultural centres and houses, many of which bring zero economic return. The primary purpose of creating these monuments are to make sure that the monuments carry the creator’s name and that’s it, end of story. The nett outcome is a massive loan burden carried by the taxpayer with no corresponding economic return.
3. Dear Hero, I suggest that you introduce discipline in Regional Development (which comes from your excellent Army background), honesty and more importantly, accountability, in Regional Development and also, new thinking in Regional Development.
Best of luck, dear Hero, I wish you well. At the same time, I hope you will create a new and long-lasting culture in Regional Development which will be a legacy that will be cherished by future generations.