Fonseka’s Democratic Party inks agreement with UNP
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s ruling United National Party (UNP) today signed a collective agreement with the Democratic Party (DP) led by former Army Commander Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka at Temple Trees in Colombo.
Earlier, UNP General Secretary Kabeer Hashim invited Fonseka and his party members to work with the UNP for the LG elections that are to be held this year.
It was speculated that Fonseka was due to take oaths to fill in the parliamentary seat which fell vacant following the death of Lands Minister M.K.A.D.S. Gunawardena
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
A Field Marshall to lead the war against corruption of yesteryear.
Is this the last nail in the coffin of the dethroned Royal Family?
welcome sir, now lets get started to remove the rotten apples from the basket and make this country the true wonder of Asia