Fonseka’s Democratic Party inks agreement with UNP
Sri Lanka’s ruling United National Party (UNP) today signed a collective agreement with the Democratic Party (DP) led by former Army Commander Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka at Temple Trees in Colombo.
Earlier, UNP General Secretary Kabeer Hashim invited Fonseka and his party members to work with the UNP for the LG elections that are to be held this year.
It was speculated that Fonseka was due to take oaths to fill in the parliamentary seat which fell vacant following the death of Lands Minister M.K.A.D.S. Gunawardena
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024