Food vendor shot dead inside shop in Hanwella
Posted in Local News
A 46-year-old man was shot dead by two unknown gunmen at a food parlour in Hanwella area last night (December 18), police said.
Police said the deceased is the owner of the food parlour, who died after being admitted to the Padukka Hospital.
Two men riding on a motorcycle carried out the shooting with a pistol.
The reason for the shooting has not yet been revealed and the Hanwella police are conducting further investigations to arrest the absconding suspects.
Meanwhile, a 30-year-old man was hacked to death near Kalutara Bus Stand last night.
The deceased was from Kalutara South.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023