Two Sri Lankan women detained with fake Indian passports
Immigration authorities at Chennai International Airport on Saturday detained two women passengers who attempted to travel to Sri Lanka using a fake Indian passport.
The passengers were identified as Ganga (46) and Sornakala (22). Airport sources said the two women had produced an Indian passport with a Chennai address and a tourist visa to Sri Lanka.
However, when the authorities checked their database, they found the passport to be a forged one and prevented the passengers from boarding the flight.
On investigations, it was revealed that the women are Sri Lankan citizens and had come to Chennai a few years ago on a tourist visa and stayed back. They had paid an agent to get them a fake passport.
The women were handed over to the fake passport wing of Chennai Police’s Central Crime Branch (CCB) for further investigations.
(Source: DT Next)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023