Foreign-made pistol, ammo found in Azath Salley’s vehicle – Police
Posted in Local News
A foreign-made pistol with ammunition recovered by CID in a vehicle belonging to former Western Province Governor Azath Sally yesterday, Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said.
The CID arrested Azath Salley in Kollupitiya last evening (March 16) by the CID in connection with a statement he had made on March 10.
Salley has been detained under the provisions of the Prevention of Terrorism (PTA) following the instructions of the Attorney General and is currently under interrogation.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
What is new about this. All the pistols and ammunitions’ used in SL are foreign made! Are we manufacturing those? As usual Azath Sally will be released on bail.
We should make use of the CV19 opportunity and invite the Chinks to build an ammunition factory in Hambantota FTZ.
The politicians who are under “eternal threat to existence” due to behavior and false promises and loose tongues, could proudly carry locally made pistols in their tax payer funded luxury 4 wheel drive limousines.