Foreign reserves in Sri Lanka reached US$ 3.1 billion
Sri Lanka’s foreign reserves have today reached approximately US$ 3.1 billion, Central Bank Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal said.
The Governor in his Twitter message said reserves will remain around this level by the end of 2021 as well.
Previously it was stated that Sri Lanka was to receive US$ 1.5 billion from the Central Bank of China through a swap transaction.
Furthermore, Sri Lanka is set to settle a debt payment by January 2022.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023