Former Chairman of Ceylon Fertilizer Company arrested over financial fraud
Posted in Local News
Former Chairman of the Ceylon Fertilizer Company Limited has been arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) for financial fraud.
Police Media Unit said that the suspect was arrested by the CID over allegations of financial fraud amounting to Rs. 90 million during the purchase of fertilizer from a private company in 2017.
The suspect who was the chairman of the Ceylon Fertilizer Company from 2017 to 2019 was arrested on suspicion of being involved in this alleged financial fraud at his residence at Wickramasinghapura in Battaramulla.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023