Former Chairman of Ceylon Fertilizer Company arrested over financial fraud
Former Chairman of the Ceylon Fertilizer Company Limited has been arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) for financial fraud.
Police Media Unit said that the suspect was arrested by the CID over allegations of financial fraud amounting to Rs. 90 million during the purchase of fertilizer from a private company in 2017.
The suspect who was the chairman of the Ceylon Fertilizer Company from 2017 to 2019 was arrested on suspicion of being involved in this alleged financial fraud at his residence at Wickramasinghapura in Battaramulla.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023