Former minister Athauda Seneviratne passes away
Former minister Athauda Seneviratne has passed away at the age of 91 years while being treated at a private hospital in Colombo.
Athauda Seneviratne entered politics from the Lanka Sama Samaja Party and was later elected to Parliament representing the Sri Lanka Freedom Party.
He served as the Leader of the Kegalle District for the Sri Lanka Freedom Party for an extended period and held a number of Ministerial portfolios including Justice and Labour.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023