Premalal Jayasekara acquitted in 2015 murder case
The Court of Appeal today ordered to acquit and discharge SLPP Parliamentarian Premalal Jayasekara and two others from the Kahawatta murder case.
On July 31, 2020, Premalal Jayasekera and two others were convicted by Ratnapura High Court for committing murder of Shantha Dodamgoda while being engaged in decorating the election stage in Kahawatta area during the Presidential Election in 2015.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023