Former navy spokesman Dasanayake further remanded
Posted in Local News
Former Navy Spokesman Commodore D.K.P. Dassanayake, who was further arrested last week over abduction and disappearance of 11 youth, was remanded till August 2 by Fort Magistrate’s Court today.
He was arrested on charges of aiding and abetting in the enforced disappearance of 11 youths between 2008 and 2009.
Dasanayake, who served as the navy spokesman during the war, has been accused of aiding and abetting the incident.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Are these arrests done to please the UNHRC?
Sri Lanka Police is great.
They took into custody, never protected any high ranker and implemented the law . But Sri Lanka admin. service (SLAS) and politicians always protected their friends whether they are in opposition or not. Eg. Lalith Weerathunga and many politicians.