Four dead, two injured in car-train collision
Posted in Local News
At least four people were killed and another two hospitalised when the KKS –Matara express train crashed with a car at an unprotected railway crossing at Pandiyan Koyil Kulam in Omanthai this morning.
The car had collided with an express train en route from Jaffna to Matara, said Police.
The injured persons have been admitted to the Vavuniya hospital for treatment.
Omanthai Police is conducting further investigations on the incident.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023