Four dead, two injured in car-train collision
At least four people were killed and another two hospitalised when the KKS –Matara express train crashed with a car at an unprotected railway crossing at Pandiyan Koyil Kulam in Omanthai this morning.
The car had collided with an express train en route from Jaffna to Matara, said Police.
The injured persons have been admitted to the Vavuniya hospital for treatment.
Omanthai Police is conducting further investigations on the incident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024