Four including teenagers drown in Wattala sea
Four persons including a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy have drowned while sea-bathing in the seas off Dickowita, Wattala last evening, police said.
They said that other two women, who died after being rescued, aged 20 and 30-year-old.
Reportedly, the incident had occurred when a group of relatives had gone to bathe in the aforementioned last evening.
Reportedly, they were residents of Uswetakeiyawa, Kandana, and Badulla.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023