Four including tourists dead in accident on Southern highway
At least three Indians including a woman and a Sri Lankan driver (67) were killed following a container lorry and van collision on the Southern Expressway (E-01) in Kurundugahahetekma this evening, the expressway police said.
Two other persons have been injured in the incident, according to the Police.
The accident had taken place between Kurundugahahetekma and Welipenna area on the Southern Expressway, earlier this evening (23).
Reportedly, the van they had been traveling in had collided with a container truck en route to Colombo.
The injured have been admitted to the Elpitiya Base Hospital for treatment.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023