Rajitha files third anticipatory bail application
MP Rajitha Senaratne today filed an anticipatory bail application for the third time in the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court seeking an order to prevent his arrest in connection with the ‘white van news conference’ held on November 10.
He had filed two anticipatory bail applications on December 19 seeking an order to prevent his arrest.
However, Senaratne’s first anticipatory bail application was rejected by the Colombo Chief Magistrate when it was taken up for consideration Thursday morning.
UPDATE: Court fixes 30 December as date of inquiry for Dr. Rajitha Senaratne’s Anticipatory Bail application.
UPDATE: Colombo Additional Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage today issued an order preventing former minister Rajitha Senaratne from travelling abroad.
The foreign travel ban was imposed on the MP over the controversial white van news conference.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023