Pujith, Hemasiri further remanded
Former IGP Pujith Jayasundera, who was sent on compulsory leave, and former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando were further remanded until 06th of January 2020 by Colombo Additional Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage today.
The Colombo Additional Magistrate delivered the order when the two defendants were produced before the court today (23).
Earlier, IGP Jayasundera and Mr. Fernando were charged over their failure to prevent the Easter Sunday attacks by the Attorney General (AG).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023