It is the duty of the Police to implement the law properly – Prime Minister
It is the duty of the Police to implement the law properly in the event of an accident; be it Patali Champika Ranawaka, Mahinda Rajapaksa, Ranil Wickremesinghe or Rajitha Senaratne, the law should certainly be implemented, Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa said yesterday (22).
Everyone is equal before the law, the Premier said, adding that levelling allegations against the Government when the Police fulfil their responsibilities is a politically motivated act.
He went on to say that when the Police fulfilled their duties properly in connection with Champika Ranawaka’s accident case, some even started to level allegations targeting the Rajapaksasa.
The Premier made this statement recently in Wadduwa when addressing a meeting with social media activists who expressed support at the last Presidential election.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024