Four Policemen interdicted over assault on law student
A Chief Inspector of Police and three Police Constables attached to the Peliyagoda Police Station have been interdicted over assaulting a law student within the Police Station.
The law student named Migara Gunaratne is a son of Former Governor of the Central Province Attorney Maithri Gunaratne.
Reports revealed that 10 police officers had assaulted him when he arrived at Peliyagoda Police to visit a suspect detained at the station.
The Police Headquarters said further investigations are being carried out while necessary steps will be taken.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023