Four Policemen interdicted over assault on law student
Posted in Local News
A Chief Inspector of Police and three Police Constables attached to the Peliyagoda Police Station have been interdicted over assaulting a law student within the Police Station.
The law student named Migara Gunaratne is a son of Former Governor of the Central Province Attorney Maithri Gunaratne.
Reports revealed that 10 police officers had assaulted him when he arrived at Peliyagoda Police to visit a suspect detained at the station.
The Police Headquarters said further investigations are being carried out while necessary steps will be taken.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023