Four women, manager arrested in Ethul Kotte brothel raid
Four women and a male manager had been arrested by the Welikada Police for allegedly operating a brothel in the guise of an Ayurveda Medical Centre on the Kotte Road in Ethul Kotte last night.
The Police said the Ayurveda Medical Centre centre was raided following a court order obtained from the Aluthkade Magistrate’s Court.
The 24-year old manager, a resident of Ratnapura was arrested on charges of operating and managing the brothel, while the women aged between 30 and 39 were arrested on charges of engaging and assisting.
The women were identified as residents of Eheliyagoda, Colombo 15, Piliyandala and Gampaha.
The suspects would be produced in the Aluthkade Magistrate’s Court, the Police said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Sheain Fernandopulle)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024