Fuel prices to go back down?
Speculation is rife that the government is planning to reduce the fuel prices which were increased just today (6), according to political sources.
Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) had increased fuel prices with effect from midnight yesterday (05) and subsequently Lanka IOC has also increased its fuel prices.
However, there are reports that the fuel prices could most likely be reverted back to the old prices very soon.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023