Gas and Rice prices down from July 15
Posted in Local News
The price of LP gas will be reduced by Rs 100 per 12.5 kg domestic cylinder, Samba rice to Rs. 69 and Nadu rice to Rs 60 per kilogram with effect from July 15, Finance Minister announced.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Old school political gimmicks are still at play in Sri Lanka. I wonder when Sri Lankans will come out of this type of political cheat games.
No one party, but all sides of politics in Sri Lanka play the same game, so what they say about them different from others is just a voter cheating exercise.
All of them steal, all of them protect their supporters regardless the scale of the stealing or corruption. It has been well proved in last 6 months. Just using many different fancy names to show the voter that they are clean, but all of them have filth on them.
This is not limited to Sri Lanka, many developed western nations including USA, UK are the same. The corruption and theft of public money is at the helm. We only hear what those thieves want us to hear, not the real truth.
Isn’t this a flagrant violation of code of ethics as enunciated by EC to refrain from promotions, ‘transfers and other form of perks when an election is declared and that too on the very same day of nominations ?