GMOA warns of possibility of 600 COVID deaths this month
Posted in Local News
The COVID-19 situation in the Western Province had turned critical and over 600 COVID-19 patients were likely die in the month of May, Dr. Prasad Kolabage, General Committee Member of the GMOA said yesterday.
“In the Colombo district 326 cases were reported, 677 cases in Gampaha and 315 in Kalutara on Monday. Outside of Colombo, the situation in Kandy and Mullaitivu is bad. Over 100 ICU beds reserved for COVID-19 patients are now occupied and we are reaching the limits of health sector capacity,” Dr. Kolabage said.
He said that between 2,000 and 2,500 cases were being reported daily besides around 20 deaths.
(Source: The Island – By Rathindra Kuruwita)
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023