Gotabaya’s overseas ban temporarily lifted
The overseas travel ban imposed on former Secretary of Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa has been temporarily lifted.
The Permanent High Court at Bar issued an order today allowing Gotabaya Rajapaksa to travel overseas for medical treatment from the 15th to the 19th of May.
The travel ban was imposed on the former Defence Secretary over the case filed against him on charges of misusing state funds for the construction of the DA Rajapaksa Museum in Weeraketiya.
The Permanent High Court at Bar also dismissed the initial objections filed by the defence, pertaining to the manner in which the charge sheet was formulated and the method in which charges were added.
The case will be taken up for hearing once again on the 20th of May.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Future President, 100% sure,
So, the Judges will be careful; if not they will be in the rubbish bin by Jan 2020.
Is Dappula deLivera the Chief Justice? He should be the CJ to welcome the R Family.
Talk to Arjuna Mahendran as well,
He knows the trick, will be useful in a R Family regime which has only USD 18 billion wealth according to Forbes Magazine.
The journey to Singpaore is great.
When R Family Govt is established in Jan 2020 with GR – President, MR- PM, Chamal – Speaker, Basil – Econmics and Finanace and Namal – Law and Order and Sports, Arjuna Mahendram should bet the CB Governor.
All wearing beard will be lined up and shot by Special Forces of Kapila Handavitharana.
Field Marshall Fonseka will have permananet residence in Welikada.
I pity Rauff Hakeem and Bathiutheen; they may be 6ft underground in Kattankudi in the Sharia Uni grounds.