Gotabaya’s overseas ban temporarily lifted
The overseas travel ban imposed on former Secretary of Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa has been temporarily lifted.
The Permanent High Court at Bar issued an order today allowing Gotabaya Rajapaksa to travel overseas for medical treatment from the 15th to the 19th of May.
The travel ban was imposed on the former Defence Secretary over the case filed against him on charges of misusing state funds for the construction of the DA Rajapaksa Museum in Weeraketiya.
The Permanent High Court at Bar also dismissed the initial objections filed by the defence, pertaining to the manner in which the charge sheet was formulated and the method in which charges were added.
The case will be taken up for hearing once again on the 20th of May.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024