Gotabhaya to appear before Special High Court
The Special High Court today issued notice on former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa and six others to appear before the court on September 10 over the alleged misappropriation of public funds for the construction of the D. A. Rajapaksa memorial museum at Weeraketiya.
The Attorney General’s Department filed the indictments on August 24th based on the investigation carried out by the Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023