Gothatuwa residents to receive the Sputnik V jab
Posted in Local News
The inoculation of the Sputnik V vaccine to residents of Gothatuwa will begin tomorrow.
State Minister of Production, Supply and Regulation of Pharmaceuticals Channa Jayasumana said vaccine doses will be inoculated to residents who are between the ages of 30 and 60.
A stock of 15,000 doses of the Russian manufactured Sputnik-V vaccine arrived in the island yesterday.
The Cabinet of Ministers last month approved the purchase of six million doses of the Sputnik-V vaccine at a cost of US $69.65 million.
The purchase was approved on the recommendation of the Cabinet appointed negotiation committee.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023