Government defending Navy action: Gota
Posted in Local News
Former defence secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa commenting on the yesterday’s incident which took place at the protest held at the Hambantota harbour said the government was defending the Navy’s unlawful action.
A tense situation prevailed at the Hambantota Port when the navy tried to release the two ships seized by workers staging a protest at the port. Navy personnel fired warning shots to disperse the protesters. The Navy Commander is also alleged to have threatened a journalist who was present at the scene.
In a tweet, Mr. Rajapaksa said “The same government that persecutes our military for winning the war is now defending the Navy’s unlawful and embarrassing recent action.”
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
The Yahapalana, having lost all credibility, is now resorting to thuggery through its highest officials (the Navy Commander), to ensure their existence.
I wish MR had never called for early Presidential elections which brought the Yahapalana miscreants to power.
A curse has fallen upon the Nation; this curse will be lifted when legitimate rulers (the MR1 Govt, Mahinda, Gota, Basil and Chemal and Namal and Shiranthi and Yoshitha and Nirupama) are returned to the throne.
all these days this guy kept quite and why now coming to the show, he is the problem creater. dont put fuel more.