Government explains stance on burial of COVID-19 victims
Cabinet Spokesman Minister Keheliya Rambukwella states that the Cabinet has not given any approval to bury the bodies of Muslims who died due to COVID-19 infection without cremation.
He said the cabinet had only decided to leave it to the health authorities to recommend the funeral arrangements for Muslims who die of COVID-19 infection.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023