Government not responsible for Karuna’s comment – Dinesh
Minister Dinesh Gunawardena says the government cannot take responsibility for a statement made by Vinayagamoorthy Muralitharan pertaining to his past.
Speaking to media in Kandy Minister Gunawardena said his statement should be investigated and suitable action should be taken.
The Minister added the government and society alike are against persons who take up arms to stand against democracy and the democratic framework.
He noted if crimes have been committed, it is the responsibility of the government to investigate and take action.
The Minister said Karuna Amman’s statements related to his past or political life cannot be the government’s responsibility.
Minister Gunawardena added investigations must be carried out while the truth must be revealed.
He said he hopes Geneva has heard of Karuna Amman’s statement, so the West is aware of the brutality of the LTTE.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023
- ‘Palestine will win’: Sri Lanka businesses raise funds for war-ravaged Gaza November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka President leaves for Dubai to attend the COP28 November 30, 2023