Karuna informs CID he is unable to give a statement
Former Deputy Minister Vinyagamoorthy Muralitharan alias Karuna Amman has informed the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) through his lawyer today that he is currently unable to provide a statement as he is unwell, police said.
Karuna Amman was summoned to the CID to record a statement today over his comments claiming to have committed crimes during his time with the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023