International Drug Traffickers Behind April 2019 Attacks – Former President
Former President Maithripala Sirisena said International Drug Barons are behind the 2019 Apri 21st attacks.
The Former President said his program against the drug menace caused serious issues to International Drug Barons.
Speaking in Hingurakgoda on Monday (22) Sirisena said the drug traffickers made great attempts to remove him from office and disgrace him in front of the people.
The Former Head of State went on to note, the State Intelligence Service informed him that incarcerated drug traffickers had discussed inside prison walls of way to assassinate him.
Maithripala Sirisena went on to note, during his rule notorious drug barons such as Makandure Madush were arrested and sentenced by courts.
(Source: News First)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023