Government to extend tourist visas of Ukrainians and Russians in Sri Lanka
Due to the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal made by the Minister of Tourism to extend the visa period of Russian and Ukrainian tourists for a period of two-months free of charge.
Currently there are 11,463 Russian tourists and 3,993 Ukrainian tourists in Sri Lanka. The growing political crisis between Russia and Ukraine has made it difficult for them to return to their home countries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023