Govt aim is to provide equal education to all students – President
President Maithripala Sirisena says the aim of the Government is to provide equal opportunities and benefits for all children in the field of education under a common policy which eliminates differences.
He made these remarks participating in a ceremony to declare open the education and trade exhibition organized in parallel to the commemoration ceremony of the 75th anniversary of Kalutara Balika Vidyalaya, yesterday (26).
Addressing the gathering the President further said that “The present Government has allocated funds from the budget for the education sector in a way that no any other previous Government did.”
In a situation, where the whole world is entering into a speedy journey embracing the latest technology and education , the objective of the Government is to nourish Sri Lankan children with the knowledge as well as with the latest technology to ensure that they are not lacking from necessary skills.
The students of the Kalutara Balika Vidyalaya warmly welcome the President when he arrived at the school.
The President also declared open the newly built Buddha Mandiraya in the school to mark the 75th anniversary of the school. The foundation stone also laid to construct a new four-storey building.
After declaring open the education and trade exhibition the President making an observation tour of the exhibition engaged in a very cordial and friendly discussion with the students.
Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe, Northern Province Governor, Reginald Cooray and other Peoples’ Representatives participated on this occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023