Govt hospital nurses poised to strike
Posted in Local News
A group of nurses from government hospitals have decided to engage in a token strike as of Monday morning, citing a number of demands.
Chairman of the Public Service United Nurses Union, Venerable Muruttettuwe Ananda Thero says the token strike will commence at 7 a.m. on Monday and will conclude on Wednesday.
He said that all nurses serving in all gornment hospitals will engage in the token strike. However, two nursing trade unions have opted to not engage in the trade union action.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023