Govt hospital nurses poised to strike
A group of nurses from government hospitals have decided to engage in a token strike as of Monday morning, citing a number of demands.
Chairman of the Public Service United Nurses Union, Venerable Muruttettuwe Ananda Thero says the token strike will commence at 7 a.m. on Monday and will conclude on Wednesday.
He said that all nurses serving in all gornment hospitals will engage in the token strike. However, two nursing trade unions have opted to not engage in the trade union action.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023