Govt. requests Private sector to declare May 7 a holiday
Government has requested the private, corporate and mercantile sectors to declare Monday(May 7) as a holiday. In a release the Labour Minister Gamini Lokuge kindly requested to declare this holiday in view of the Vesak Poya Day which falls on May 5.
The government earlier decided to declare May 7 (Monday) as an additional public holiday for the Vesak celebrations.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023