Great possibility that these Toque monkeys will end up in labs – Navin Dissanayake
Expressing his opposition to the government move to export Toque monkeys to China, former Minister Navin Dissanayake said that there is a great possibility that these Toque monkeys will end up in labs and subjected to torture.
“As a former minister of wildlife I am totally against the export of Toque monkeys to China. This is an abomination and should not even be considered,” the former minister tweeted.
He also stated that he is against the move because it is against the Fauna and Flora act of Sri Lanka and endemic species which are protected in Sri Lanka should never be exported en masse.
“They should only be sent abroad on exchange programmes between zoos and it is inhuman knowing fully well that there is a great possibility that they will end up in labs and subjected to torture,” Mr. Dissanayake said adding that “they are beautiful animals and every right to live a full life roaming in their natural habitat.”
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
you are right Sir,
They will be put in labs to generate the next generation of Covid that will demolish all but the Chinese in the world..