Halal issue: govt holding talks with both parties
The government is conducting discussions with concerned individuals and groups belonging to both Sinhala and Muslim communities on issues related to Halal certification, Mass Media and Information Minister Keheliya Rambukwella said.
Responding to a question by a journalist at the Cabinet press briefing at the ministry auditorium yesterday, the minister said the government’s position is that, activities which could lead to communal clashes should be avoided.
He said the representatives of Jamaithul Ulema Organisation and Bodu Bala Sena met the President to discuss this matter. The minister said there are issues over the validity and legality of the Halal certificates, as the Sri Lanka Standards Institution (SLSI) is the authorised institution to issue certificates on standards in Sri Lanka.
He said problems related to Halal certification were discussed for over half and hour at the Cabinet meeting yesterday morning.
Rambukwella said the government has taken steps while facilitating a discussion at large with regard to this issue and other connected issues.
(Courtesy: Daily News)
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
who the hell these ***holes to discuss with.
We have only one law in the country. Muslim people need to go to Saudi Arabia if they need Muslim law. They should corporate with majority Sinhala Buddhist people to live in . Not only Sinhala Buddhist people will be responsible for any potential future ethnic riots or tension but mainly Muslims as well.
Than you have to go to India did you know where you were come from?
What a about haccp and ISO?
To whom your paying? It’s go to uk.