Handunnetti walks out of COPE meeting
Posted in Local News
COPE (Committee on Public Enterprises) Chairman MP Sunil Handunnetti has left the committee meeting held in Parliament a short while ago on Monday.
The COPE committee met at the parliamentary complex today to discuss amendments put forward by a group of committee members to the draft report of the COPE Chairman on the controversial Central Bank bond issue.
Source said the UNP MPs made strong influence on the Auditor General to withdraw his observations.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Why did Hon Handunetti run away for the COPE meeting?
Is he scared of the harassment caused by the silver tongued Senasinghe and company from the elephant party?
The entire Nation knows that Arjuna Mahendiram and the husband of his daughter screwed the Sri Lankan population of many billions of LKR’s.
The greens in COPE are out to protect the reputation of their boss.
Also, The husband of Arjuna Mahendiram’s daughter is a big-time funds contributor to all political parties in SL including Green, Blue and Red.