Harin sworn in as Uva Chief Minister
United National Party Member of the Uva Provincial Council, Harin Fernando was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of the Uva Provincial Council a short while ago.
Fernando took oath at the Governors office in Badulla, this afternoon.
Thirteen UNP members and four UPFA members of the Uva PC have signed an affidavit calling for the appointment of Harin as the CM.
Mr. Fernando replaces Shashindra Rajapaksa as the Chief Minister.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023