Harin sworn in as Uva Chief Minister
Posted in Local News
United National Party Member of the Uva Provincial Council, Harin Fernando was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of the Uva Provincial Council a short while ago.
Fernando took oath at the Governors office in Badulla, this afternoon.
Thirteen UNP members and four UPFA members of the Uva PC have signed an affidavit calling for the appointment of Harin as the CM.
Mr. Fernando replaces Shashindra Rajapaksa as the Chief Minister.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023